Saturday, February 16, 2013

DIY Layered Wedding Program Tutorial

Want programs that look GORGEOUS like these?

Just follow these steps and you'll be set!

MATERIALS | in order of use
1. your layered programs 
2. 9" strips of ribbon
3. NO glue, NO tape, NO adhesive. JUST two things

Don't have these two materials? You have TWO options

OPTION A <------ best option

1. Go to www.weddesigner.etsy.com to order your layered programs. Wed Designer will do ALL the work for you. Design, cutting the paper, cutting the ribbon, sorting the paper, and hole punching. 
2. Then, when your programs arrive, come back to this website to assemble the.


OPTION B <------ the hard option that I might possibly forgive you for choosing

1. Design your programs. For each additional layer, I subtracted one inch. For instance, the back layer is 4.25" wide by 11" tall, the next is 10" tall, then next 9" tall, etc. 

2. Print your programs. I'd reccommend getting them printed with a professional laser printer (like I do) from a place like Kinko's or Office Depot, or at the copier at your office when nobody is watching. I use 110 lb. cardstock paper. 

3. Cut your programs. Spend at least 30 minutes at a cutting board somewhere (I know kinko's has ones you can use for free) cutting the pieces of paper in half, then chopping an inch or two off at the bottom

4. Hole punch these bad boys. I have one of those fancy automatic ones, i would NOT reccommend the kind that you have to squeeze it and it punches one little hole. Your hands will be NUMB.

5. Order single (or double, if you're feeling fancy) faced ribbon and cut into 9" strips.

6. Now that you've FINALLY arrived at this step, watch the video to see how to assemble your layered programs. 




If you have any questions, please please please feel free to ask and I will respond ASAP! 

My #1 piece of advice: throughout this whole process, there are two optional materials not listed above: wine and bridesmaids. Mix those two, and you'll have a rockin wedding program party. Yayy!

3 comments:

  1. You have a very helpful post, Torisaurus. But if I may add, you can make your wedding program a catchy one if you limit the words on the cover. The usual format we should use is the name of the couple, the event, and the date. Dedication letter can go in the middle or at the back if the flap. Even though it's only a simple piece of paper, the feeling of appreciation that you could get from the recipient is really indescribable.

    #Hildred@CGliv.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there,

    i like ur sarah &ben sample but would you have a template with the fonts and everything for me to download?? planning a wedding is stressful enough already ....

    thanks,
    V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these wedding programs wording ideas. I am trying to look for ways to make one as I don't want to hire a professional to do it. I prefer to do it my way and based on my style and preference so this is a great help.

    ReplyDelete